Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

MisterViggo
    BASIC RIDER

In the preAlpha 0.181 you change the pedalling button to A.. Could you maybe change it back to RB again? I got used to RB and I also like that I can control the pedalling and the right analog stick at the same time! After you changed the pedalling button to A, is much hardere to use the pedalling and right analog stick at same time… So I would ask you, if you could change the pedalling button to RB again instead of A… :(

matsix
    BASIC RIDER

I really don’t understand why they changed it. RB works so much better for a bmx game. Skate was good for a and x because you need to have both feet on the deck to get ready for an Ollie. A bmx bike you don’t. At least make it an option to switch between the two. I really don’t understand why people voted for a…

replicant
    replicant
    MODERATOR (CREATOR)

It was changed because a recent poll done in regards to the buttons to use made A the button of choice because the Majority voted for the change. It is planned in the future to have customizable buttons so people can adjust to what they prefer. I’ll see about having the pedal button specifically changeable in the next update though. Maybe a hotfix if they can swing it.

Bear "replicant" Powell

MisterViggo
    BASIC RIDER

Matsix got a point! I it would be awesome if you could change the pedallin button to RB again instead of A… Or if you could make a tutorial on how to change it in the game files? Just so people can choose what the pedalling button should be.. I don’t wanna wait to a new update.. It ruins right now..

PIRATEorNINJA
    PIRATEorNINJA
    BASIC RIDER

where was this vote held at? i come to these forums a lot and i never saw a vote.

i said this in another thread but the A button really makes no sense. it forces us to take our finger off the right stick which is used for EVERYTHING. i mean it sucks to pedal and then have to switch to the stick in order to lean while turning in order to do a sharp turn. I dont understand why you guys just dont do the most common and sensible thing and put pedal on the RT and brake on the LT and if a front brake is added put it on the LB….. i mean pretty much all games where you drive any vehicle us RT for gas and LT for brake….

not only does this free up the thumb to keep it on the right stick but it enables a comfortable natural resting posture for the overall layout of the hands on the controller in reference to the most use buttons in this case being the sticks…

the only way i can see the A button making sense is if we were using the other face buttons for tricks…which you guys have made clear you arent even willing to try even in addition to the dual stick controls.

im curious did you do this voting on facebook or twitter? cause if so then i can guarantee you that your votes were ruined by people that haven’t even played the game voting. doing it on forums at least makes sense and doing it on private forums makes even more seeing as those are people that have access to the game for certain.

i tried to rebind the button in the launcher input menu but its pointless since it only lists a ton of joystick access and raw functions with no hint at all to how they relate to the functions in the game.

Riding BMX for 20 years till injured. '99 TN State Racing champ. Sure miss it.
    Thelegitcanadian
    Thelegitcanadian
    BASIC RIDER

if u played the game the game before u couldn’t be holding RB and do a trick at the same time this way makes sure that never happens

replicant
    replicant
    MODERATOR (CREATOR)

@PIRATEorNINJA This is a link to where the poll took place. It was advertised on a few different places and mentioned here a couple times. http://www.bmxthegame.com/pedaling-button-poll/

Bear "replicant" Powell
    PIRATEorNINJA
    PIRATEorNINJA
    BASIC RIDER

if u played the game the game before u couldn’t be holding RB and do a trick at the same time this way makes sure that never happens

but why would someone want/think they can pedal while doing a trick…. if you dont know to stop pedaling before a jump then lol. thats a weak argument tbh and relies on the player just being to dumb to not know what they’re doing

Riding BMX for 20 years till injured. '99 TN State Racing champ. Sure miss it.
    Gummianka59
    Gummianka59
    PRO RIDER

I don´t know what I like best.. I don´t have a problem with pedalling with the A button

Bmx The Game. Release date 2044.

07matt
    BASIC RIDER

i changed my controls on the input in the loading screen and now that i have bought an xbox controller i want to change them to factory settings. any1 know how?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.